Dredge Booster Pumps
Neumann Equipment manufacture a range of self-contained Booster Pump units for dredging operations. Standard sizes range 200, 250 and 300mm. Larger sizes can be made to order.
Our dredging booster pump units are typically used for dredging where they are inserted in between the dredge and the discharge point to increase the system’s overall capability to pump the product to greater heights and/or distances.
It is critical that the dredge Booster Pump:
- Size matches that of the dredger pump;
- Can accommodate the same size particle as the dredger pump;
- Has at least the same size engine as that of the dredger pump;
- Can accommodate the design pressure (head) required to pump the product to the discharge or next booster;
- Can accommodate the same specific gravity of material as the dredge's pump.
The table below shows the Booster Pump configurations together with the relevant Krebs Pump and Caterpillar Engine. Note: Other brand pumps and/or engines can also be supplied upon request.
Each self-contained Booster Pump unit includes:
- I Beam Skid Frame
- Weatherproof Covering – RHS Frame with X Bond Sheeting
- Galvanised Steel Access Ladder
- 500 Litre Diesel Tank
- Caterpillar Engine (other prefered engines can be subsituted)
- Hangzhou Transmission with Cooler
- Krebs Slurry Pump (other prefered pumps can be subsituted)
- Electronic Pump Suction Pressure Transducer
- Electronic Pump Delivery Pressure Transducer
- Analogue Pump Suction Pressure Gauge
- Analogue Pump Delivery Pressure Gauge
- Actuated Bypass Knife Valve
- Actuated Pump Delivery Knife Valve
- Inteledrive CPU Engine Management System
- Emergency Stop – Push Button Switch
- Fire Extinguisher
- Lockable System Isolators
- Peizo Alarm – Pre Start Siren
- Flashing Blue Pre Start Strobe Light
- Flashing Red Alarm Strobe
Range of Booster Pumps available: (standard range shown below, larger sizes are available upon request)
BST200200mm Dredging Booster Pump BST200 Drawing
BST250250mm Dredging Booster Pump BST250 Drawing
BST300300mm Dredging Booster Pump BST300 Drawing
Specifications and Options
|Dredge Booster Pumps||BST200||BST200X||BST250||BST250X||BST300||BST300X|
|CAT Engine Type||C9||C18||C18||C27||C18||C27|
|Engine Power (kW)||165||330||330||485||330||485|
|Pump Size (mm)||200x150||200x150||250x200||250x200||300x250||300x250|
|Pipeline Size - ID (mm)||200||200||250||250||300||300|
|Weight approx. (tonnes)||13.7||14.3||19.8||20.4||20.3||21.0|
|Length LOA (m)||5.9||6.1||6.2||6.3||6.3||6.5|
|Width WOA (m)||2.8||2.8||2.8||2.8||2.8||2.8|
|Height HOA (m)||4.1||4.2||4.3||4.4||4.3||4.4|
Booster Pump Options:
- Pump Control – Telemetry System
- Camera Monitors
- Repeater Stations For Multiple Booster Control
- Automatic Knife Valves
- 2,500 Diesel Fuel Tank
- Pressureless Fast Fill Shut Off System
- Automated Lubrication
- Blast Protection
- Camera At Discharge
- Roller Doors
Options Explained: Booster Pump Control – Telemetry System
The purpose of a wireless system transmitting data and control instructions from the booster stations to the dredge operators, and back, ensures that the dredge operator is fully aware at all times of the status and system condition irrespective of its remoteness. Key Points include:
- Remote start and stop of booster systems
- Adjustment of engine speed
- Temperature & fuel usage readouts for dredger operator
- Linking of booster engine speed to dredge suction pressure for optimal efficiency
- Booster alarms conveyed directly to dredger operator
- Efficiently increase the head pressure of the dredger system to achieve greater vertical and horizontal distances between the dredge pump and discharge point
- Reduction of labour involvement, no reliance on booster monitoring staff
- Management can develop reports reflecting the effectiveness of the system from stored data.
Options Explained: Camera Monitors
Camera monitors may be installed on the boosters with images being available on screen at the dredger operator’s chair. This enables the operator to not only have the monitored system data such as pressures and flows available at his finger tips, but also to check the integrity of the system by being able to visually clarify from time to time that booster seals and piping have no leaks.
Options Explained: Repeater Stations For Multiple Booster Control
What is a repeater ?
- A necessary device to continue a line of site communication between all operating equipment
- A communication device used to relay system information between two points
- Can be commonly used as a bridge between two points
- Is a 900MHZ Ethernet radio device network.
Advantages in booster application
- Provides vital link between two boosters when there is no line of site
- Provides flexibility of installation, enables you to install booster where suitable
- Eliminates the need for trenching as there is no need to install fixed underground cables
- Less chance of damaging the communications link as there is no underground cable
- Flexible and portable, can be relocated or positioned in minutes, allowing for a more flexible pumping application
- Enables system information to be delivered up to 2km, enabling longer distances between boosters.
The best and most reliable way to supply power to a repeater is to use solar panels.
Options Explained: Automatic Knife Valves
The knife valves in the Booster system enables the system or Booster operator to:
- Open the system to atmosphere through the by-pass knife valve enabling the system to vent the product in the line to minimize the possibility of a blockage during the shut down process or emergency stop scenario
- Close off the pump discharge to prevent backpressure being exerted on the pump impellor by product trapped in the line possibly destroying shafts, bearings and unscrewing the impellor
Automating the operation of the two valves speeds up the operation ensuring adequate protection for the pump and system and once linked to the telemetry system ensures that no operator is required at the booster.
The automation of these actuators is achieved by the inclusion of a hydraulic system on the Booster. This system includes a hydraulic accumulator which stores enough energy to enable the valves to be operated twice even though the engine may have been shut down in an unexpected emergency.
Options Explained: 2,500 Diesel Fuel Tank
The Boosters can be fitted with larger fuel tanks to reduce the number of fills per shift minimizing unnecessary stopping of the system to refuel the machine.These tanks are built into the frame directly beneath the engine mounting.
Pressureless Fast Fill Shut Off System
Machines are being fitted with larger diesel tanks. With this design comes the heightened possibility of pressure damage to tanks. This system does not rely on the build up of tank pressure to shut off the diesel flow and, as a result, one that can be used on thin metal tanks where pressurized systems would otherwise distort or damage the diesel tanks.
- The Pressureless Diesel Tank System eliminates any pressure build up in the diesel tank, therefore eliminating any possibility of pressure damage to the diesel tank
- Prevents costly diesel fuel spills and is therefore environmentally friendly
- Provides an enhanced safety factor by automatically shutting off at the desired level in the diesel tank
- Eliminates blow back of diesel fuel on the operator while refueling and keeps the operator away from any diesel spills
- Stops diesel theft from the diesel receiver and allows a damaged receiver attachment to be changed when the diesel tank level is “Above the Receiver”
Options Explained: Automated Lubrication
Some of the advantages of an automated lubrication include:
- Cost savings including replacement bearings, labor for replacements and repair, excess lubricant and labor for inefficient manual practice. Some of the indirect, but very real costs saved are downtime or lost production; product spoilage due to excess lubricant; environmental, safety or housekeeping issues; and excess energy consumption
- An automated lubrication system helps to prevent bearing failure by providing the right amount of the right (fresh, clean) lubricant at the right time to the right place
- Automated lubrication provides lubricant constantly at an appropriate amount that allows the bearing to operate at its optimum
- Substantially reduced man-hours required for the task
- Automated lubrication is more precise and eliminates the cycle of over-lubrication and under-lubrication that contributes to bearing failure
- Worker safety. It becomes unnecessary for employees to engage in the potentially hazardous practice of manually applying lubricant while machinery is operating or in hazardous, difficult-to-reach positions.
Options Explained: Blast Protection
To protect the Booster when positioned close to blasting areas, a blast protection screen has been designed to shield the equipment from falling debris. This protection has not been designed to protect operators.
Neumann Equipment are known worldwide in the sand and mineral extraction industries for manufacturing well-engineered dependable dredges. Neumann Equipment have been manufacturing dredges and support equipment since the late 1950's. These dredges are high technology cutting and recovery machines with a well-earned reputation for performance and reliability in capital works marine dredging and in mining and resource dredging. Operational expertise built on contract dredging experience enables us to constantly improve our equipment. This culture of innovation gives us the edge as dredge manufacturer of choice.
Neumann Equipment also manufacture the Rockcrush and Jaden range of dredges and booster pumps. This includes well reknown Rockcrush A Series and C Series dredges as well as the Jaden Platypus Series cutter suction dredging equipment and components. All our dredges are de-mountable and can be cost effectively transported to remote sites around Australia and overseas, and all the equipment is manufactured to provide maximum ease of handling and reliability with a focus on high production efficiencies and low maintenance costs.
Neumann Equipment's comprehensive dredging range of economical, compact and trouble-free units are at the leading edge of dredging equipment technology today!
Neumann Equipment also has an extensive range of other Marine Winches and Equipment,Commercial Fishing Winches, Mining and Industrial Winches & Equipment, and Dredging & Associated Equipment available for sale.
Download Data Sheet Download US Data Sheet
The images, drawings and specifications shown for this product are indicative and may not be representative of the current model. We reserve the right to change the designs and specifications as new models are developed. Neumann Equipment is constantly striving to improve its range of products. Call our expert sales and customer service team to discuss the best product to suit your needs.