Diesel Hydraulic Winches
Neumann Equipment manufactures a range of Self-Contained Diesel Hydraulic Winch Units of 4, 6 and 10 Tonne line pulls. They are specifically designed for the Hire and Utility Industries that require transportable winches for a variety of applications.
The self-contained winch unit package consists of a:
- Hydraulic Winch;
- Diesel Power Pack;
- Skid Mounting Frame.
These self-contained winching units offer both high and low winching speeds. All models can be optioned with wire feeders indexed to suit each wire rope diameter and can monitor line tension and distance by LED screen. Data logging is also available.
The skid base comes with forklift tyne slots and centre lifting post for ease of handling. They also incorporate mounting holes and tie down points around the perimeter to allow these units to be adequately secured.
All units comply with Australian Standards and are factory acceptance tested and certified by third party inspectors.
All Diesel Hydraulic Winches include:
- Line pull options are from 4 Tonne to 10 tonne on the top layer;
- Two speed operation;
- Pendant Control;
- Winch base and drum are fabricated from grade 250 carbon steel;
- Heavy duty industrial protective coating on all units.
- PLC kits available for distance, tension, data logging;
- Spooling systems: over-head, out front, or Archimedes screw;
Download Datasheets, Brochures and Drawings:
DHW40004 Tonne Line Pull Diesel Hydraulic Winch DHW4000 Drawing
DHW60006 Tonne Line Pull Diesel Hydraulic Winch (shown with optional out front wire feeder) DHW6000 Drawing
DHW1000010 Tonne Line Pull Diesel Hydraulic Winch (shown with optional Archimedes screw wire feeder) DHW10000 Drawing
|Diesel Hydraulic Winches||DHW4000||DHW6000||DHW10000|
|Nominated Winch Line Pull (tonne)||4||6||10|
|Drum Size & Rope Capacity|
|Bare Drum Diameter (mm)||406||508||610|
|Cheek Diameter (mm)||800||1,000||1,200|
|Drum Width (mm)||1,000||1,000||1,000|
|Freeboard on drum when full (mm)||50||50||50|
|Maximum Rope Diameter (mm)||16||20||24|
|Maximum Length (m)||1,000||1,000||1,000|
|Maximum Line Pull|
|Low Speed Selected|
|At Top Layer (kg)||4,000||6,000||10,000|
|At Bottom Layer (kg)||6,635||9,963||16,719|
|High Speed Selected|
|At Top Layer (kg)||2,000||4,000||5,000|
|At Bottom Layer (kg)||3,317||6,642||8,359|
|Maximum Drum RPM|
|Low Speed Selected (rpm)||10||8||6|
|High Speed Selected (rpm)||20||12||12|
|Maximum Line Speed|
|Low Speed Selected|
|At Top Layer (m/min)||21.9||22.1||20|
|At Bottom Layer (m/min)||13.3||13.3||12|
|High Speed Selected|
|At Top Layer (m/min)||43.8||33.1||40|
|At Bottom Layer (m/min)||26.6||19.9||24|
|Failsafe within Gearbox (Yes/No)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Recom. Power Unit|
|Engine Power (kW)||25||32||38|
|Hydraulic Pump Size (cc)||18||28||45|
Special Features and Options:
All winch units feature an easy to use, tethered pendant control, which gives you versatility, reliability and increased productivity. Compared to conventional lever operated manual control systems, pendant controls provide many benefits:
- OPERATOR MOBILITY - The operator can move more freely because pendant controls enable operator to move around machine.
- IMPROVED PRODUCTIVITY - Allows operator to position loads accurately and quickly. The housing of the pendant switch permits operators to work in a natural, comfortable posture. Easy, fatigue-free operation thanks to the ergonomic design.
- IMPROVED SAFETY - Allows operation from a safer location, eliminates visual restrictions, and operator can concentrate more fully on the loading process. Enables the electrical control to incorporate many safety features preventing injuries and abuse of machinery.
- SAVES TIME AND MANPOWER - Allows operator to assist, when needed, in slinging loads. The controls are designed to withstand a lifetime of abuse, either indoors or outdoors.
Each Base Frame features:
- Designed to fully accommodate the powerpack unit and winch drum assembly;
- Heavy duty construction, designed to withstand all the associated dynamic forces of an operational winch without the additional support of external structures;
- Appropriately designed securing points to secure the winch during operations;
- Appropriately positioned holes in base to bolt structure down;
- The frame can be secured via chains, bolts, counter weight etc.;
- Appropriately designed lifting eyes in each corner;
- Fork lift tyne slots for lifting;
- Appropriately designed central lift position;
- Bunding is built into the base of the unit.
Winch Spooling Systems Options
The spooling systems are designed to reduce the fleet angle of the wire rope and to increase the efficiency of spooling wire onto the drum as well as improve wire rope life. The spooling system options are:
- OVERHEAD WIRE FEEDER (Available Option on 4 & 6 Tonne Winch Units only) - The mechanism consists of a hydraulic cylinder positioned above the winch drum, spooling and guiding the rope onto the drum via rollers. The hydraulic cylinder is directly controlled by the operator, via directional valve, and the whole mechanism can rotate between 40 degrees above and below the horizontal of a full winch drum. This innovation enables operators to load rope onto drums without having to feed it through spooling devices. Rope may be spooled off in freewheel without the drag of a spooling device when the mechanism is raised.
- OUT FRONT CYLINDER WIRE GUIDE (Available Option on all Winch Units) - Spooling is achieved by feeding the rope through a guide cage attached to a hydraulic cylinder mounted directly to the front of the winch drum. The hydraulic cylinder is directly controlled by the operator, via directional valve.
- ARCHIMEDES SCREW (Available Option on all Winch Units) - The guide cage consisting of rollers is automatically driven across the face of the winch drum by the Archimedes screw, which in turn is driven via sprocket and chain from the main drum shaft. The position of the cage can be manually changed via a hand wheel which is situated at one end of the screw.
To increase the versatility of the Diesel Hydraulic Winch range the winches may be fitted with Capstan Drums, which enable operational staff to pull rope external to the winch drum assembly. The inclusion of a capstan head onto the basic winch offers the following advantages:-
- The capstan does not limit the length of cable the drum will hold, or the length of the pull.
- The Pulling power decreases on the standard cable drum as it accepts more cable, while the capstan winch pulls at a constant rate.
- It is not a requirement to run the winch to take up the slack in the rope. Rope is very quickly pulled through by hand.
- It is not necessary to pay out to let out cable. By dropping the rope off the drum, rope is quickly fed back.
- The pulling tension can be varied by controlling back tension, “feathering.
The additional benefits of handling rope as well as cable:-
- Rope is flexible and lightweight
- Rope can be spliced if it breaks
- Rope is less dangerous if it breaks and snaps back
Optional Capstan Tension and Distance Counter - By adding the additional sheave wheel assembly to the capstan the operational staff are able to monitor the rope tension, set a visual alarm for maximum tension and monitor the rope length pulled. This feature can be seen on the image below.
Capstan Sizes: All optional capstans are 200m diameter waist size.
Tension & Distance Monitoring Options
The electronic data logging and counters are only available with the out front cylinder, Archimedes screw wire guide options and capstan monitoring option.
- DISTANCE DISPLAY KIT - Distance is displayed on an LED meter offering simple field setup and programming. The meter is visible to operator and information obtained from a sheave wheel attached to the guide system.
- TENSION DISPLAY KIT - Line Tension is displayed on an LED meter offering simple field setup and programming. The meter is visible to operator and information obtained from a sheave wheel pin attached to the guide system.
- DATA LOGGER KIT - The information gathered from the Tension and Distance display meters can be logged. Logging is done in real time monitoring and the information can be used to generate virtually unlimited data sets for statistical analysis and record keeping.
- PLC TOUCH SCREEN DISPLAY KIT - The data captured for Tension and Distance display is presented on a colour touch screen. The screen is presented in 3 views.
- VIEW 1. (OPERATING SCREEN) Distance pulled; Line Tension; Line Speed; Max Tension Setpoint; Distance Setpoint; Tension Setpoint;
- VIEW 2. (DISTANCE SETUP) Set alarm points; Set & reset buttons;
- VIEW 3. (TENSION SETUP) Set Max tension; Set & reset buttons.
Neumann Equipment's range of high quality products are designed by qualified engineers to perform and excel in a range of mining and industrial applications.
The design and engineering of all our winch units is carried out in house by qualified mechanical engineers using our FEA Computer modelling software. This is then checked by third parties to ensure these products comply with all relevant specifications and meet the applicable Australian Standards.
When purchasing Self Contained Diesel Hydraulic Winches, you can feel confident in Neumann Equipment designed and manufactured products. From the design stage though to the dispatch, our internal Quality Assurance Systems fully comply with AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008. All products are designed and manufactured at our facility in Currumbin, on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
When you are next in the market for a quality Self Contained Diesel Hydraulic Winch you cannot go past our range of Australian designed and manufactured products.
Neumann Equipment also has an extensive range of other Marine Winches and Equipment, Commercial Fishing Winches, Mining and Industrial Winches & Equipment, and Dredging & Associated Equipment available for sale.
If you have any questions regarding our Diesel Hydraulic Winch Contact our experienced Sales, Service and Spare Parts team to discuss your requirements.
Download Data Sheet Download US Data Sheet
The images, drawings and specifications shown for this product are indicative and may not be representative of the current model. We reserve the right to change the designs and specifications as new models are developed. Neumann Equipment is constantly striving to improve its range of products. Call our expert sales and customer service team to discuss the best product to suit your needs.