Neumann Equipment barge winches are designed and manufactured from high-quality components for marine environmental conditions, providing years of dependable service. We specialise in custom-built barge winches to satisfy vessel specific requirements that meet relevant marine industry standards. The following photos of custom designed barge winches have been provided for reference of our capabilities and excellence.
These custom-made barge winches suit a variety of barge applications, including:
- Loading doors/ramps (lifting/hoisting compliant).
- Hauling equipment.
- Bare positioning.
- Vessel anchoring and securing.
All of our barge winches are designer verified using Finite Element Analysis (FEA), manufactured and tested to meet marine industry standards. They are Built Tough and Designed to Last!
- Reduction style gearboxes to suit specific vessel requirements.
- Electric or hydraulic drive motors to suit specific applications.
- The barge winch drum is supported with a fully sealed self-aligning outrigger bearing.
- Spring-applied hydraulic/electric release failsafe brake.
- Rope termination clamps to suit steel or Dyneema rope.
- The base and drum are fabricated from carbon steel as standard.
- All components are grit blasted and primed with two-pack epoxy primer and finished with heavy-duty two-pack epoxy polyamine marine coatings.
- Line pull capacities – up to 50,000kg.
- Hauling line speeds – up to 100 metres per minute.
- Stainless steel construction.
- Optional dual-purpose winch using the side-mounted gypsy.
- Freewheeling gypsy to deploy the anchor.
- Optional capstan (windlass) waist size – up to 450mm diameter.
- We can cast gypsy and capstan (windlass) heads in either SG iron or manganese bronze.
- Torque limiting clutches.
Barge Winch Image Gallery
The images, drawings, and specifications shown for this product are indicative and may not represent the current models or configurations. We reserve the right to change the designs and specifications as new models are developed. Neumann Equipment is constantly striving to improve its range of products. Call our expert sales and customer service team to discuss the best product to suit your needs.
Yes, we work with independent structural engineers to determine winch capacities.
We can custom design your barge winch to accomodate any length of rope that you may require.
Absolutely, All our winches have been FEA designed by qualified engineers, manufactured and then tested to meet the relevant industry/marine standards.
Yes, we can add a capstan to the side of your barge, sizes range from 100 – 450mm, depending on your requirements
Yes they can! This is a common option that is available on all sized gypsy style anchor/barge winch combos.
Absolutely, we can ship our winches to anywhere in the world.
Yes, we have a range of winches in stock that can be used for this application. Call us to discuss further details.
We can confirm design your anchor winch so that the brake is of sufficient size to suit the size of the winch, vessel and conditions to meet the relevant marine industry standards.
Neumann Equipment can provide you with high-quality barge winches to exactly meet your needs. We have provided an extensive range of practical solutions for many clients all around the globe.
The design and engineering of all our barge winches are carried out in house by qualified mechanical engineers using our FEA computer modelling software. When required, this is then checked by third parties to ensure these products comply with all relevant specifications and meet the applicable marine & industry standards.
When purchasing a custom-made barge winch, you can feel confident in Neumann Equipment designed and manufactured products. From the design stage though to the dispatch, our internal Quality Assurance Systems fully comply with AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008.
Each barge winch is designed and manufactured at the Neumann Equipment facility in Currumbin, on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
When you are next in the market for barge winch you cannot go past the range of options we offer for our Australian designed and manufactured industrial and marine winches.
Contact our experienced Sales, Service and Spare Parts team to discuss your barge winch requirements.