Capstan Winches - Pedestal Type
Neumann Equipment pedestal capstan winches are designed and manufactured from high quality components for marine environmental conditions, providing years of dependable service. We specialise in custom built capstan winches to satisfy your mooring requirements that meet relevant marine industry standards.
The following photos of custom designed pedestal capstan winches have been provided for reference of our capabilities and excellence. These custom-made capstan units can be mounted on the wharf or on the vessel and can be used to haul or pull your vessel toward the dock.
All of our pedestal capstan winches are designer verified using Finite Element Analysis (FEA), manufactured and tested to meet marine industry standards. They are Built Tough and Designed to Last!
Advantages of a Pedestal Capstan Winch:
- Various rope sizes can be used.
- Hauling can commence at any point along a length of rope.
- Elimination of the requirement to unwind long rope lengths.
- To control start/stop the pull, you simply increase or reduce the amount of tension you are applying to the rope.
- Rope is free to be pulled out by another source.
- Electric or Hydraulic drive motor.
- Various size capstan head-up to 450mm diameter.
- Ergonomically design pedestal height.
- The base and drum are fabricated from carbon steel as standard.
- All components are grit blasted and primed with two-pack epoxy primer and finished with heavy-duty two-pack epoxy polyamine marine coatings.
- Line pull capacities – up to 10,000kg.
- Hauling line speeds – up to 30 metres per minute.
- Variety of base types/styles.
- Stainless steel construction.
- Reduction gearboxes – gearbox type to suit requirements.
- Integrated electro-hydraulic powerpack.
Examples Of Pedestal Capstan Winches that we have previously manufactured:
The images, drawings and specifications shown for this product are indicative and may not be representative of the current models or configurations. We reserve the right to change the designs and specifications as new models are developed. Neumann Equipment is constantly striving to improve its range of products. Call our expert sales and customer service team to discuss the best product to suit your needs.
We offer the following standard diameters:
- Ø125mm (5″),
- Ø150mm (6″),
- Ø175mm (7″),
- Ø200mm (8″),
- Ø250mm (10″),
- Ø300mm (12″).
Other diameters available on request.
Absolutely, All our capstan winches have been FEA designed by qualified engineers, manufactured and then tested to meet the relevant Industry Standards
Yes! One of our expert team members can give you advice. Don’t hesitate to contact us, we ask you about the vessel and your mooring requirements and we will make sure you get the right winch to meet your needs.
Yes, we can custom design a base to suit your existing mounting dimensions. Give us a call so we can confirm.
Absolutely, we ship our Windlass Anchor Winches to anywhere in the world.
Pedestal Capstans are generally custom designed to suit your specifications.
Neumann Equipment can provide you with high quality pedestal capstan winches to exactly meet your needs. We have provided a very wide range of practical solutions for many clients all around the globe.
The design and engineering of all our pedestal style capstan winches are carried out in house by qualified mechanical engineers using our FEA computer modelling software. This is then checked by third parties to ensure these products comply with all relevant specifications and meet the applicable marine & industry standards.
When purchasing a pedestal capstan winch, you can feel confident in Neumann Equipment designed and manufactured products. From the design stage though to the dispatch, our internal Quality Assurance Systems fully comply with AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008.
Each capstan winch is designed and manufactured at the Neumann Equipment facility in Currumbin, on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
When you are next in the market for a pedestal capstan winch you cannot go past the range of options we offer for our Australian designed and manufactured equipment.
Contact our experienced Sales, Service and Spare Parts team to discuss your capstan winch requirements.