Man Riding Winches
Neumann Equipment man riding winches are designed to meet the precise requirements of the application, providing years of dependable service.
These personnel lifting winches are specially designed to meet the strict design parameters in AS1418 (Cranes, Including Hoists and Winches) or set out in the Mining Design Guidelines (MDG33 – Design, Commissioning and Maintenance of Drum Winders), and any other applicable standards.
These winching systems are designed to carry personnel in an industrial or mining application
The following photos of custom designed man riding winches have been provided for reference of our capabilities and excellence.
All of our man riding winch designs are verified using Finite Element Analysis (FEA), manufactured and tested to meet the relevant standards. They are Built Tough and Designed to Last!
- Compliance with AS1418.1 – Cranes, Hoists and Winches, or MDG33with MDG 33 – Design, Commissioning and Maintenance of Drum Winders.
- 3rd part design verification by RPEQ.
- Maximum line speed suited to each application.
- Independent fail safe braking systems direct coupled to winch drum.
- Overspeed, overwind and overload protection as standard.
- Winch base and drum are fabricated from either carbon steel or stainless steel.
- Guarding to suit site requirements and relevant Australian Standards.
- All components are grit blasted and primed with two-pack epoxy primer, and finished with heavy-duty two-pack epoxy polyamine coatings.
- Test undertaken in accordance with the relevant standard and verified by 3rd party witness.
- Line lift capacities – up to 5,000kg.
- Hauling line speeds – up to 20 metres per minute.
- Drive motor types – electric, hydraulic or pneumatic motors.
Examples Of Man Riding Winches that we have previously manufactured:
The images, drawings and specifications shown for this product are indicative and may not be representative of the current models or configurations. We reserve the right to change the designs and specifications as new models are developed. Neumann Equipment is constantly striving to improve its range of products. Call our expert sales and customer service team to discuss the best product to suit your needs.
Yes, if required, man riding winches will comply with MDG 33 – Design, Commissioning and Maintenance of Drum Winders.
We can design and manufacture the drum to hold the specified rope capacity.
Absolutely, we ship our man riding winches to anywhere in the world.
No, not normally. All of our man riding winches are custom designed to exactly meet your requirements and meet the relevant industry/mine standards.
Neumann Equipment can design and manufacture high quality man riding winches to meet your exact requirements. We have provided a very wide range of practical solutions for many clients all around the globe.
The design and engineering of all our man riding winches are carried out in house by qualified mechanical engineers using our FEA computer modelling software. This is then checked by third parties to ensure these products comply with all relevant specifications and meet the applicable marine & industry standards.
When purchasing a man riding winch, you can feel confident in Neumann Equipment designed and manufactured products. From receipt of your order though to the dispatch, our internal Quality Assurance Systems fully comply with AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008.
All of our equipment is designed and manufactured at the Neumann Equipment facility in Currumbin, on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
When you are next in the market for a man riding winch you cannot go past the range of options we offer for our Australian designed and manufactured man riding equipment.
Contact our experienced Sales, Service and Spare Parts team to discuss your man riding winch requirements.