Neumann Equipment Oceanographic Winches are designed specifically for hydrographic mapping, research and exploration using side-scan sonar, ROV systems, marine magnetometers, sub-bottom profilers and drop camera systems.
Our Oceanographic Systems are designed to enable scientific research in waters up to a depth of 15,000 metres. These systems can be configured to suit various data transfer cables and associated slip-ring connections.
Our oceanographic winch designs are verified using Finite Element Analysis (FEA), manufactured and tested to meet the relevant standards. They are Built Tough and Designed to Last!
The following photos of custom-designed oceanographic winches have been provided for reference to our capabilities and excellence.
- Machine groove drum with suitable D/d ratio to suit coaxial cable.
- Data transfer through slip ring enabling connection to auxiliary monitoring equipment.
- Mechanical or electric automated wire feeder/level wind.
- Continuous tension monitoring independent of deployment angle with overload alarm.
- Bi-directional distance monitoring.
- Electric or hydraulic drive with associated control systems.
- Reduction gearbox.
- Fail-safe spring applied hydraulic/electric release brake.
- Carbon steel construction.
- All components are grit blasted and primed with two-pack epoxy primer and finished with heavy-duty two-pack epoxy polyamine marine coatings.
- Compliance with DNV-OS-H205 – Lifting Offshore and AS1418.1 (Cranes, Hoists and Winches).
- Hauling line speed to suit the application.
- Stainless steel or aluminium construction.
- Distance and tension data logging with export options.
- Custom control systems within a 316 stainless steel enclosure.
- Custom local/remote control stations.
- Isolated data transfer enclosure with shielded cables to eliminate EMF/EMC noise.
- Automated tow-fish storage and deployment systems.
- Custom designed head sheaves optionally fitted with load and distance monitoring.
- Guarding to suit customer requirements.
- Custom designed mounting to suit vessel fitment.
Oceanographic Winch Image Gallery
The images, drawings, and specifications shown for this product are indicative and may not represent the current models or configurations. We reserve the right to change the designs and specifications as new models are developed. Neumann Equipment is constantly striving to improve its range of products. Call our expert sales and customer service team to discuss the best product to suit your needs.
Yes, all our oceanographic are designed with lebus style grooved drums to suit your chosen cable diameter.
Yes, we can custom design and manufacture an oceanographic winch, fabricated from stainless steel or aluminium.
We can custom design your winch to accommodate any length and size of cable that you require.
Absolutely, we ship our man riding winches to anywhere in the world.
No, all of our oceanographic winches are custom designed to exactly meet your requirements and meet the relevant industry/marine standards.
Neumann Equipment can design and manufacture high-quality oceanographic winches to exactly meet your needs. We have provided an extensive range of practical solutions for many clients all around the globe.
The design and engineering of all our oceanographic winches are carried out in house by qualified mechanical engineers using our FEA computer modelling software. This is then checked by third parties to ensure these products comply with all relevant specifications and meet the applicable marine & industry standards.
When purchasing an oceanographic riding winch, you can feel confident in Neumann Equipment designed and manufactured products. From receipt of order stage through to dispatch, our internal Quality Assurance Systems fully comply with AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008.
All of our equipment is designed and manufactured at the Neumann Equipment facility in Currumbin, on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
When you are next in the market for an oceanographic winch you cannot go past the range of options we offer for our Australian designed and manufactured oceanographic winches.
Contact our experienced Sales, Service and Spare Parts team to discuss your oceanographic winch requirements.