Windlass Anchor Winches
Neumann Equipment Windlass Anchor Winches are designed and manufactured from high-quality components for extreme environmental conditions, providing years of dependable service. We specialise in custom-built Anchor Winches to satisfy vessel specific requirements that meet rigorous NSCV compliance. The following photos of custom designed Windlass Anchor Winches have been provided to reference our capabilities and excellence. These custom-made Anchor Winches suit a variety of vessels and anchoring requirements.
All of our Windlass Anchor Winches are designer verified using Finite Element Analysis (FEA), manufactured and tested to meet marine industry standards. They are Built Tough and Designed to Last!
Windlass Anchor Winch Configurations
Our Windlass Anchor Winches are available in two basic configurations:
- Chain Gypsy Style, where the gypsy retrieves the chain and feeds the chain through a spurling tube into a chain locker below deck.
- Drum Style, where the rope and chain are stored on the drum.
- Stainless steel main shaft.
- Gypsy brake bands are fabricated from stainless steel grade 316 with bonded linings.
- All components are of high quality for many years of service.
- All components are grit blasted and primed with two-pack epoxy primer and finished with heavy-duty two-pack epoxy polyamine coatings.
- Line pull capacities – up to 25,000kg.
- Hauling line speeds – up to 100 metres per minute.
- Studlink or shortlink chain – up to 34mm.
- Capstan (windlass) waist size – up to 450mm diameter.
- Gypsy and capstan (windlass) heads are available in SG iron or bronze.
- Drive motor types – electric or hydraulic drives.
- Hydraulic motors – motor type to suit requirements.
- Reduction gearboxes – gearbox type to suit requirements.
- Torque limiting clutches.
- Freewheeling gypsy to deploy the anchor.
Winch Image Gallery
The images, drawings, and specifications shown for this product are indicative and may not represent the current models or configurations. We reserve the right to change the designs and specifications as new models are developed. Neumann Equipment is constantly striving to improve its range of products. Call our expert sales and customer service team to discuss the best product to suit your needs.
We have a range of options of capstan sizes, which include diameters of:
Your new Windlass Anchor Winch can be fitted with SG Cast Iron or Bronze up to the chain size of 34mm.
We can custom design your winch to accomodate any length of rope and chain that you required.
Absolutely, All our winches have been FEA designed by qualified engineers, manufactured and then tested to meet the relevant Industry Standards
Yes! One of our expert team members can give you advice. Don’t hesitate to contact us, we ask you about the vessel and your requirements and we will make sure you get the right winch to meet your needs.
In most cases, we can do that, as long as new winch is of similar style and size. Give us a call so we can confirm
Yes they can! This is a common option that is available on all sized Windlass Anchor Winches..
Absolutely, we ship our winches to anywhere in the world.
No, not normally. All of our Windlass Anchor Winches are custom designed to exactly meet your requirements and the relevant marine industry standards.
We can confirm design your winch so that the brake is of sufficient size to suit the size of the winch, vessel and conditions to meet the relevant marine industry standards.
Neumann Equipment can provide you with a high-quality Windlass Anchor Winch to exactly meet your needs. In addition, we have provided an extensive range of practical solutions for many clients all around the globe.
The design and engineering of all our winches are carried out in house by qualified mechanical engineers using our FEA computer modelling software. This is then checked by third parties to ensure these products comply with all relevant specifications and meet the applicable marine & industry standards.
When purchasing a Windlass Anchor Winch, you can feel confident in Neumann Equipment designed and manufactured products. From the design stage though to the dispatch, our internal Quality Assurance Systems fully comply with AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008.
Each winch is designed and manufactured at the Neumann Equipment facility in Currumbin, on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
When you are next in the market for a Windlass Anchor Winch you cannot go the range of options we offer for our Australian designed and manufactured winches.
Contact our experienced Sales, Service and Spare Parts team to discuss your Windlass Anchor Winches requirements.